Did The Nate Berkus Show Find The Most Insufferable Child Alive?

by Tara Ariano on October 19, 2010

in Kids,New York,Pop Culture

I know she’s only eleven, and that it’s wrong to hate a child. BUT DAMN.

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

Jen October 19, 2010 at 1:06 pm

You are not alone.

K. October 19, 2010 at 1:29 pm

She looks like a prostitute. I’m sorry, I feel bad saying that about a kid, but no 11-year-old should be in a leopard-print mini and knee-high boots.

kelly oxford October 19, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Her and the first model child? It is not wrong to hate those children, they are just short versions of their adult selves.

Jenny M October 19, 2010 at 3:45 pm

She is heinous and so was “Sparkles!” Sparkles looked like she was about to get pissed that Nate cut her off and introduced the second model (who, incidentally, looked like she hated the outfit and hated being there).

Juliet October 19, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I suspect that Nate found her insufferable too. He’s usually great with kids, but his “enthusiasm” sounds really fake.

eli October 19, 2010 at 7:09 pm

If that girl is 11, why does she talk like a six year old? Is that how pre-teen girls sound now? God help us all.

Jen October 19, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Wow. That child is a ridiculously strong argument against procreation.

Ty Ty October 20, 2010 at 2:35 am

insufferable.

Ty Ty October 20, 2010 at 2:36 am

Oh, and you can see Nate B.’s disdain for the junior producer who brought him this segment.

adam807 October 20, 2010 at 6:18 am

It is in no way wrong to hate a child. Children are frequently hateful. She has Future Real Housewife written all over her. She and Nate Berkus and his awful hair deserve each other.

Tammy October 21, 2010 at 1:53 am

I just think it’s sweet that they didn’t want the three runners-up to the title to feel bad, so they found a way to incorporate them into the segment, too. Awww.

Kristen B October 23, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I felt a strong urge to throat-punch her about 10 seconds after she started speaking.

If hating her is wrong, I don’t wanna be right.

Nat October 24, 2010 at 12:25 am

Monica October 28, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Wow, she’s really talented.

Ari Mizuko November 14, 2010 at 3:31 am

I went to this girl’s website, and was confused… What parent lets their child wear tube dresses?

Kinny Fear November 15, 2010 at 4:30 am

@Bat “Was there a reason to make the third girl spin around other than to show case her back tattoo??? This whole alternate reality makes me very very sad.”
That’s the battery pack for her wireless mic, not a tattoo.

emily November 15, 2010 at 11:58 am

“This is so adorable, I can’t even sit here.” – Nate Berkus

Leigh December 5, 2010 at 10:25 pm

“Take some time to jump in the pool, okay?”
…preferably with some cement shoes.

Arch December 14, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Little girl with BIG self grandiose attitude. Gee……. wonder where she learned to behave in that manner? I can see she’ll be making lots of friends while a teen. Another flash in the pan till she’s used up……… NEXT!

Francine May 14, 2011 at 7:53 am

I pity her. She feels like she needs to look and act as if she’s grown up, and when she finally is, she’s gonna discover she’s thrown away her whole childhood and can never get it back.

kianika October 18, 2011 at 7:00 pm

somebody needs to give this chick a newsflash: nobody cares! she’s obviously got a real superiority complex. its unhealthy.

Myra February 19, 2012 at 10:16 pm

I’m twelve and I think she is a spoiled brat with no fashion sence! I like fashion and enjoy to see young people become succesful but ugg, I have a migrane now….

Christine March 9, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I watched this and was horrified, not because I dislike any of the people in it but they way the girls talked, when I shut their eyes, I could effortlessly imagine that they were in their twenties.
The dress Cecilia was wearing I wouldn’t want to see on someone younger than 18. It saddens me that our society glorifies young girls like this who should be out enjoying their childhoods!

Hailey June 13, 2012 at 8:42 am

I’m 11 almost twelve. when i read about this girl in a magazine and she instantly became my idol. then i searched her on you tube….. when i heard her voice (which is obviously fake) and saw how mature she acted and dressed i instantly decided this was the wrong person to look up to.

Hailey June 13, 2012 at 8:50 am

also cecilia’s headpiece is hideous :(